Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Too Much To Do, Yet So Little Time...

Wednesdays tend to be a busy day for me. Funny, nine months ago I thought, "What am I going to do with all this unwanted free time now that I am unemployed". Yes, sometimes I get bored, but mostly, I seem to fill up my days with lots of different activities.

On Wednesdays I attend a Job Search Work Team meeting from 1:30 to 3:30. This allows me to work and socialize with other job seekers. I enjoy my group and learn a lot each time I go.

This morning, I received a phone call from a recruiter for a position I applied to. He said my resume was impressive, but that his client wanted someone who has MS Project experience. Alas, I never learned how to use that tool. I told him I was a quick learner and would be willing to learn it on my own. Hmmm. He said he was going to discuss it with his client and get back to me. We shall see.

The next book on my list to read is: Sell Yourself in Any Interview : Use Proven Sales Techniques to Land Your Dream Job : Use Proven Sales Techniques to Land Your Dream Job
Perhaps I shoiuld read this one right away?

I think I need to figure out a better way of selling my skills or those I have not quite finessed yet. If anyone has any suggestions, please please let me in on your secrets.

Happy Wednesday to all.

2 comments:

  1. Funny - it sounds like we are on the same page. Seems like the Lifestyles of the Poor & Unemployed run hand in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it. Two people in my JSWT landed jobs this past week. I am happy for them, but it depressed me.

    ReplyDelete