Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Networking Thing

Sometimes we just want to stray away from what we are supposed to do.  I was wondering if there is a science to "Networking"?

I supposed understanding the how and why would be an important step the the employed population never even consider. Because really having a strong network is like having a super power. You're able to do things beyond that of a normal person while others look on and wonder how you made it happen.

I am beginning to believe that networking is a prescription for success. Once you start implementing some networking  strategies you’ll begin to notice the difference in your relationships, not just in gaining employment, but outside of the business world as well.  In fact, those relationships will begin to join, and slowly become one and the same thing. Soon you won’t be able to tell the difference between who you work with and who you are friends with, and the best part is, you won’t have to. Your friends will become your colleagues, and your colleagues your friends (I think?)

So invest yourself in making friends from all walks of life, professions, lifestyles, genders, races and religions economic classes and geographic regions. With a large enough network you should never have to worry about making a major life change.

I like the concept.  Let's put it to work..... I challenge all of you to add new connections to your Linked In profile by thinking outside of the box.  Get going, and let me know how it goes.  Oh yeah, I guess I should "get going" too!

1 comment:

  1. I requested several new additions today. I have been communicating with someone at a company that I sent my resume to last Friday. I had not heard anything back by today so I sent the person an email again. She has since emailed back and said that she sent a followup email to the recruiter for the position and gave me her name. I have added both of them to LI...one has accepted but the other may have been gone for the day already. I have been adding anyone related to any job that I apply to if I get their names prior to hiring decisions being made. Sometimes they communicate and other times, they ignore the heck out of me.

    ReplyDelete