Friday, June 25, 2010

On The Positive Side

I had the dreadful insomnia last night.  As I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, I got to thinking about the my current status of "actively seeking career opportunities, henceforth will be referred to as ASCO. I knew that if I thought hard enough that I could come up with a few positives to my ASCO status. 

Here is what I concluded:

In September 2009, I joined Weight Watchers. Six weeks later, I entered the status of ASCO.  This gave me the perfect opportunity to start an exercise routine.  I managed to lose 20 pounds.  Now that is positive!  I have had the opportunity to meet many people from different walks of life that I would not have otherwise had the pleasure of meeting. That makes positive number 2.  I am in the process of learning new software that I might not have had the time to learn. (MS Project, Visio, QuarkXpress, Publisher) to name a few.  That's number 3.  I have learned about more companies than I can even begin to count.  I started a blog.  I am using LinkedIn to network.  I don't have to commute.

So if I had to make a positive out of a situation I don't wish upon anyone, I have found more than one.

Now that is a great way to start of a weekend !.

No comments:

Post a Comment