Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Solstice is here

Today marks the celebration of  summer solstice.  It is the longest day of the year.  The weather today was definitely HOT.  I only went out for a bit to Trader Joe's.  I am still without a car.  Melissa has been using my car for the past seven days and her car is still not fixed.  It's weird not having the use of my car at my free will.  It feels as if I am stranded at home, but sometimes I don't even leave the house all day or feel the need to even drive anywhere.

I did hit the job boards again today.  Not much out there really.  I have been contemplating what to do about this dilemma of having done project work for the past seven years.  It has put a major setback in my finding gainful employment.  I don't qualify for most project coordinator positions that become available. 

I decided to start applying for administrative assistant and executive assistant positions.  Most of my career was spent in an admin role anyway.  However, not having been in that role for the past seven years, for some reason makes me no longer qualified to potential employers.  In retrospect, taking a promotion has proven to be a detriment for me.

I have to find a way to position myself better, because, I am definitely qualified for admin roles.  My skills can be utilized in any corporate industry.

Well, if anything, I love Summer and glad it has arrived.

1 comment:

  1. I think that your skills probably just need to be adapted on paper. I am sure that you are quite capable of administrative work. :)

    No worries - the right employer will come along.

    ReplyDelete