Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happy Trails...

Continuing on the subject of my Job Search Work Team, I have been going to these weekly meetings for the past twelve weeks.  Since that time, I am happy to say that six people have landed a job.  So, I would like to

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-E

Sara, who landed at Levi, Felipe, who is moving to Boston, Paola, who landed at PG&E, Jack at GAP, and Kristie at Clorox.  Linda landed a 6-month contract job at AAA.

Happy Trails to all of you, until we meet again.....

Those of us that are continuing our job seach, the landing of those I mentioned above gives us hope.  It also gives us connections with more "employed" folks, who, I am sure, would love to help the rest of us out.

Only those that have experienced the economic crisis the way we have truly understand how important it is to help someone who is searching for a job.

Off the job search subject now --  I am looking forward to the US Open and being there to actually witness the event.  My husband and I will be down in Carmel and Pebble Beach this weekend.  It will be a nice break from my laptop and job postings.  Tomorrow, I will do a little pampering, i.e. shopping and a pedicure.....

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. Enjoy a well deserved break from blogland. :) We have company coming in as well tomorrow night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your weekend, and sounds like you will!!

    ReplyDelete