Thursday, July 1, 2010

Interview Questions - One At A Time

I thought I would try posting ideas for answering typical interview questions. 

Today's Interview Question is the dreaded

What Are Your Weaknesses?

I want to bring up the point that it is never a good idea to say that you do not have any weaknesses or that you just can't think of one right now... The reality is, we are not experts in every aspect of our jobs.  You definitely don't want to say that being perfect is a weakness or that you give everything 120% effort.

Now back to a good answer to the weakness question.

Be honest with this question, because it will show.  Make sure that the weakness is relevant.  Find something that you can turn into a positive such as:

" I am basically a shy/quiet person and I get nervous talking to groups of people.  So, I decided to join Toastmasters.  I must say that it has honestly helped me become more comfortable speaking."

Or

"I take a long time proofreading, and while the end result is a high quality of work, it definitely takes up more time."

2 comments:

  1. I see someone has been reading today. How did today go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent. I'll tell you more later. Have a great 4th.

    ReplyDelete