Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Murphy's Law

This morning I was struggling with the thought of getting on my treadmill.  It just did not sound appealing to me at all.  It was about 7:30 a.m., but I did manage to get myself out of bed.  After tying my shoe laces, my cell phone rang. Now remember, it's about 7:50 a.m.  and I am thinking who the heck is calling me so early in the morning.  I looked at the number and the area code was definitely not recognizable.  I answered the phone and was quite surprised when the caller identified herself as someone who I reached out to on LinkedIn for a position I had applied for.  Now the recruiter I connected with was from their corporate office in Cape Canaveral, Florida.  She said she was impressed at my initiative to send her an e-mail about the position.  We spoke for a bit and she said that the director ""owed her one and she was going to hand deliver my resume to him, and forward it to the recruiter for that particular position as well.  We shall see.

Later in the morning ,I received another call from a recruiter for a 5-month contract with Genentech.  Here's where Murphy's Law kicks in.  My cell phone dropped the call, not once, but twice during our conversation.  He wasn't upset, but come on, twice, really.

Then I plugged in my iPhone and I get a message asking if I want to upgrade, I say yes, and it crashes on me.  I was able to restore it, but still ended up losing all my contacts.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day....

No comments:

Post a Comment