Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Confidence Achieved!

Yesterday felt like "Ground Hog Day" all day.  My husband and I put a little humor into an otherwise series of unfortunate events.  In the end we did manage to get the boys off to Alaska, albeit rather slowly. And, best of all, I managed to buy a pair of shoes that I had been trying to get in my size for weeks.  And you all know women and their shoes!!!

Tonight I am preparing for my phone interview that I have scheduled for Thursday morning.  I feel confident that I am better prepared for this phone interview than for any other one I have had in the past.  Special thanks to all my LinkedIn connections  (and Andy too) who worked with me to ensure my answers were positive and had a smooth flow.

I am learning alot about how to best answer questions, especially ones that require me to say "no".  I have learned how to put a positive spin to those types of questions.

I did some research on the Internet, asked for advice and feel strong!  Also, since I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket, I do have a face to face interview scheduled for 7/28 with the county.

So best wishes to me and to anyone else who has the dreaded phone interview scheduled in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck - I think you will do a GREAT job! It's your turn!!!!! Keep the positive attitude and forget the BUTs in your responses. :)

    ReplyDelete