Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pay It Forward

I was sitting here thinking about what it takes to land a job these days and since I never in my life thought I would be one of 15 million Americans seeking employment after all my dedicated years at one single company, the thought occurred to me that perhaps I need to pay it forward.  If I spend 5 minutes a day helping someone else in their job search maybe it will come back to me too.

So I am going to encourage you to do something RIGHT NOW.

Reach out. Ask a friend what one or two things you can do to help with his/her job search.
.
Spread the word so we can get thousands across the US to help get friends back to work!

Please help by sharing this on your email lists, Facebook, Twitter etc.

I encourage you to use my comments section to suggest ideas or share what you did today for someone

Here are a few suggestions:
  • Forward a job opportunity to someone
  • Write a LinkedIn recommendation
  • Review a friend’s resume and give objective feedback
  • Ask for nothing in return


Pay It Forward All Across the USA! USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

  


2 comments:

  1. Hello Marlene, thanks for the positive energy and suggestions. Will incorporate into my daily efforts.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michael. I am trying to stay positive through this difficult time. Positive encouragement is the best.

    ReplyDelete