Saturday, July 24, 2010

A short repreive....

I have been so exhausted since my last post because I have had two phone interviews with two different companies for two very different positions.  I find phone interviews to be utterly exhausting.  Lots of preparation for a 20 - 30 minute conversation, of me trying to sell my skills to someone who knows next to nothing about me, except what was written in a resume.  In the meantime, I am also preparing for a face-to-face interview for a government job on 7/28.  I am not sure if they interview their candidates any different than the private sector.  I know I had to take a written exam and pass in the top ten to make it to the oral.  There were 92 applicants for one position.  They invited 34 to take the exam and 29 people showed up for one position.  It is all so exhausting.


I am going to take a short break.  I am heading out to Lake Tahoe with my husband and my mom and dad.  A short getaway is exactly what I need right now and Lake Tahoe is so beautiful.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment