Monday, July 19, 2010

You learn something new everyday....

I have recently become a huge fan of LinkedIn.  I started using LinkedIn as a means to an end.  I have since realized that LinkedIn is an enormous resource to both the working professional and those who have found themselves in the job seeking mode, like myself.

Today, I connected with an individual who has a wealth of information and is willing to go the extra mile to assist those who seek his advice.  I am still preparing for my phone interview that is scheduled for Thursday morning.  I felt that I was lacking the confidence I needed for this interview, for any interview for that matter.

I was reinforced today that I "rock" at what I do and I can improve efficiency at any organization.  I have to exude that in my tone when I speak, especially over the phone.  I realized too, that I need to do more research, dig deeper, don't give up.  There is information to be found, you just need to be diligent and persistent.  If you think about it, with all this technology, we need to use it to our advantage.  Try to find out something personal about the hiring manager and use it to your advantage.  Reach out to others and they will reach out to you.  But beware of the "axels" that are out there.

Keep on truckin.....

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how easy it is to lose sight of our potential, and how fast our confidence becomes misplaced when we're out of the mainstream?

    I’m so glad that you had a positive encounter with someone who was able to reinforce those strengths when you needed it most. I think we all get to a point when we need positive reinforcement, and a renewed sense of comradery.

    Much luck on your interview, I’m sure you’ll Rock!!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melanie. Things are starting to look up.

    ReplyDelete