Sunday, July 11, 2010

Inspiration

A few months ago, I was in San Francisco for a job interview.  After my interview, I met my cousin Roseann, for a cup of coffee.  We chatted about jobs and she wished me well with the interview I just had.  However, she told me a story that I found to be quite inspiring. 

I thought I would share it so that we can all know that there is a reason for everything.

A friend of hers, who I will refer to as Lisa, moved from California to the mid west somewhere.  She couldn't find a job, but needed to work, so she took a job at Starbuck's.  There was a woman who came in to Lisa's Starbuck's regularly.  One day, out of the blue, the women told Lisa that she is exactly the kind of employee she wanted working for her.  She asked Lisa if she would consider a job as her regional sales associate at Bare Escentuals.  Yes, THE BARE ESCENTUALS!!  As I am sure you figured out, Lisa took the job.

She ended up becoming the top regional sales rep.  She was awarded an all expense paid trip to San Francisco and was honored for her success.  I understand she stayed at a five star hotel in San Francisco was given free tickets to see Wicked as well. 

Needless to say, you never know who you might meet and where you might land! 

There truly is a reason for everything.

1 comment:

  1. What a great story Mar! Thanks for sharing! Email me about Saturday - let me know how it went! :)

    ReplyDelete