Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tools of the Trade

Today, after attending my weekly Job Search Work Team meeting, it occurred to me that my "Tools of the Trade" switched gears. My customer service driven self, where I ensure I completed my daily tasks with efficiency, looked for ways to improve work processes and endeveared to always do my best, was slipping by the wayside. I had to anlayse what it is that I now do everyday. My new Tools of the Trade are analyzing job postings, reading reviews of potential employers, ensuring that I am not being scammed (believe me there is way to much scamming going on out there), and finding ways to keep my skills sharp.

Every morining when I wake up, I vehemently believe that today is the day an employer is going to discover me! How, though, can I make that happen? What can I do to influence these potential employers that I am the one they want to hire? How can I make a change to the current way people apply for positions? What can I do to make a difference? I believe in the concept of the power of many. I can't do this alone. I nead a team to help make a difference. I am sure we can all come up with an improvement from the current process. Let's make that differnce together.

1 comment:

  1. Love that Marlene. Only people who have truly looked for work can really appreciate this philosophy. Especially the "improvement from the current process".
    Good luck to you, and to me!
    LOL.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete