Friday, May 28, 2010

Being Entertained

I was sitting in front of my laptop, looking out my window and the skies are definitely bluer than yesterday, but still not quite what I would want for the last week of May. I was thinking, (I know what you are saying right now as you read this ("Marlene is thinking, watch out everyone")! But seriously, I was thinking that everyone likes to be entertained. We all want to hear or see something fun or funny. So much of business is taken way to seriously. So I thought, perhaps my cover letter should be more entertaining. So I set off to work on that.

Ever heard of writers block. Everytime I go to write a cover letter, my mind goes blank. I managed to add a few quips to my cover letter. The next job I apply to I am going to use this new cover letter. One never knows. Would you be more inclined to want to speak to me if I wrote, "Please give me a call so we can discuss my skills in more detail." or if I wrote, "Call today, don't delay!" Anyway, I came across this video and it's hilarous. It's entitled Job Interview - Pepsi Max. What a funny way to be the only one left to interview. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment