Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday - Is it just another day?

As I chronicle my daily encounters surfing the web for a job, I realized that today is Saturday. For those that are gainfully employed, Saturday marks a day of rest and a day the typical 9 to 5'ers look forward to.

Charlene, from my Job Search work team, mentioned that a recruiter who was letting her know that she was being passed on for a job ended the e-mail with "Have a great Memorial Day Weekend". Charlene was quick to point out that "everyday is a weekend for us jobseekers. I usually try to take a break from job search engines on the weekends, but somehow feel compelled to look, just in case I might miss the opportunity of a lifetime. With that being said, I happened to notice that the unusual nasty weather we have been having has slipped away and the sun is shining and not a breeze is to be found. I plan on making lunch for my husband and then I am going to grab the lastest book I am reading and lay on the chaise out in the backyard, and R-E-L-A-X! Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment