Wednesday, August 4, 2010

When It Rains, It Pours

It is time for me to take a deep breath.  I have found out that it is imperative to ensure that you do not have all your eggs in one basket.  So as of this moment, I have six, yes, six pending opportunities.  I must now take a deep breath because this means a lot of preparation is needed on my part.  All I need is one successful interview and I will be a happy camper and then some.

I thought I would just write a little bit about each pending opportunity, so if anyone has advice they would like to send my way, I will definitely accept it.

The first opportunity is a 4-month contract through a staffing agency.  Yes, I know, yesterday I was a skeptic, and today, I am the optimist I have claimed that I am.  The interview is Thursday, August 5 at 3:00 p.m. with two managers and one peer.  Root for me, please!

The second opportunity is a regular assignment in Human Resources with a well established company.  I am at the preliminary stage where I must answer 12 pre-screen questions and return it to the HR recruiter by COB on Thursday, August 5.

The third opportunity is an EA role through a staffing agency.  I answered a few preliminary questions already and am awaiting next steps.

The fourth one is definitely interesting.  If my husband was telling this story I would tell him that I didn't believe it and that it was just another "fish" story.  Anyway, I applied on-line for a Sr Admin role then went to LinkedIn and reached out to a current employee for assistance.  They responded by telling me that it is their position that is being filled.  Out of all the people on LinkedIn, I pick the one person who is vacating  the job for another role within the same company.  As a dear friend of mine said, "That is called serendipity."  By the way, if you never saw the movie Serendipity, you should.  It is excellent and I am a sucker for a great love story.

The fifth opportunity is from a former LHH client for an EA role.  I need to decide if it's a good fit and then get the referral.

The last one is a temp to perm with yet another staffing agency.  I am meeting with the recruiter tomorrow morning.

You know I believe there is a moral to this story.  Give staffing agencies a chance.  You just might find the right bean in the bag. (Smile Joe).

1 comment:

  1. Just be yourself and remember our previous discussions....buts and do's.....

    You will be great - just take your time, answer appropriately and let them fight for you! :)

    ReplyDelete